We may make changes to this privacy statement from time to time. Such changes will be effective from the time they appear on the Site. You can check the effective date at the end of document allows you to determine whether there have been changes since the last time you reviewed the policy. Therefore, you should remember to check this privacy statement from time to time.
- What Information Do We Collect and How?
- How we use your information and who we share it with
- Use of Personal Information for Marketing
- Dealing with other people
- Sensitive Personal Information
- No Warranties on Security of Personal Data
- Further Information
- Copyright And Trademarks
- Your Personal Data and Your Legal Rights
- Third Party links
- Policy Updates
1. What Information Do We Collect and How?
Your "personal information" means any information about you that you have given to us, or third parties, in connection with a service or product offered whether through use of this web site, by phone, in person or in writing. The personal information AXA Gulf collects through the Website may include details such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and date of birth and bank or credit card details.
Personal information is collected by AXA Gulf on the Website:
- via inquiry, registration, claim forms, feedback forms and forums;
- when you purchase any of our products or services;
- when you fill out a survey, or vote in a poll on this website;
- through applications;
- through feedback forms and web analytics tags; and
- when you provide your details to us either online or offline.
When you buy a product or service from us, you will have access to a policy document relating to that product or service. If there is any conflict between the terms of this privacy statement and those of the specific privacy statement that applies to a particular product, then the terms of the latter will prevail.
This document should be shown to anyone else who is covered by, or a party to, any services or policies you buy from us.
2. How we use your information and who we share it with
In line with the above, we may transfer your information to other countries including those located outside the Gulf Area.
To keep premiums low we do participate in a number of industry initiatives to prevent and detect fraud. To help prevent crime we may:
- Share information about you with other organizations and public bodies including the police;
- Share information about you within the AXA Group and with other insurers;
- Pass your details to recognized centralized insurance industry applications and claims review systems where your details may be checked and updated;
- Check your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we may record this with fraud prevention agencies;
- Search records held by fraud prevention and credit agencies to:
- Help make decisions about credit services for you and members of your household;
- Help make decisions on insurance policies and claims for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering;
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches.
We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our service and the efficiency of our systems and so, from time to time, we may use your personal information during staff training and/or system testing.
3. Use of Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
The information you supply may be used by us, other members of the AXA Group and carefully selected Third Parties for research purposes or to inform you of other products or services that may be of interest to you, unless you have advised us otherwise. On each occasion that we contact you for these purposes, you will always be given the option to opt out of any further communication.
If you have provided your contact information to us and would prefer not to receive marketing information, or to participate in research, simply contact us to let us know.
4. Dealing with Other People
If your spouse or partner contacts us on your behalf, due to data protection, we will be unable to answer their queries. However, if you require your spouse, partner or another third party to be able to discuss your policy, please contact AXA and inform us of whom you would like to speak on your behalf. However, this will exclude them from being able to cancel the policy as we require speaking to the policyholder regarding cancellations.
5. Sensitive Personal Information
To provide you with some of our products or services, we may need to collect and process sensitive personal information (such as information about any criminal convictions or the state of your health) about you and others who are a party to the service or product. We will only use sensitive personal data for the specific purpose for which you provide it. Please ensure that you only provide us with sensitive information about other people with their express agreement.
6. No Warranties on Security of Personal Data
AXA Gulf will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data that you provide via the Website is kept secure. Although we endeavor to protect your personal data, because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any inward transmission of data is carried out at your own risk.
AXA Gulf does not warrant that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. The user assumes the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction.
We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the site.
AXA Gulf sends cookies to your computer and other web enabled equipment from its websites. A cookie is a piece of information stored on the hard drive of a computer by a web server to enhance and simplify a website user's experience by identifying a user if he or she has previously accessed that website. Cookies can make the web more useful to you by storing information about your preferences on particular websites, which allows website owners to provide more useful features for their users.
The cookies used on the Site do not include any information that others could read and understand about you such as your name or any account or policy number. They contain no personal information about you.
Most Internet browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However this will restrict the services you can use.
8. Further Information
You should be aware that any telephone calls made to us may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes and to assist us in preventing and detecting fraud. Therefore, your use of this means of communication means that you accept and consent to this.
9. Copyright And Trademarks
AXA Gulf owns the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website. These may not be used without the written permission. Materials on this site are protected by copyright. No part of these materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, copied, distributed or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without AXA Gulf’s prior written consent.
10. Your Personal Data and Your Legal Rights
Any personal information you supply to AXA Gulf via the Website or via any third party website will be treated in accordance with the applicable local regulations on Data Protection.
You have the:
- The right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. We will give you the ability to object to this, and where required we will ensure we obtain your consent before undertaking marketing; and
- The right to request a copy of the personal information AXA Gulf holds about you.
- The right to request that any inaccurate data is corrected.
To do this, please write to us with full details of what you require to AXA Gulf by email to email@example.com
11. Third Party links
13. Policy Updates
This privacy statement has been last updated in February 2019.